The Joys of Leadership
Date: Saturday, July 27, 2019
Time: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Location: Hawaii Convention Center
Leadership opportunities abound within the National Medical Association. But too often the path to leadership seems vague and difficult to navigate. . But you would be amazed at how similar the journey is for members who have successfully achieved local, regional or national office. More importantly what you can do for the health of your colleagues and the African Americans we serve within our community is unlimited; if you decide to be involved. The Past Presidents understand better both the path to leadership in the NMA and satisfaction of a job well done.
This Forum with be hosted and supported by all the Past Presidents. We want to encourage you to take the “road less travelled” and gather a few tips from those who lead now and those who have lead in the past. This is a first for the Past President’s Council, and we are delighted to offer this presentation and we invite you to participate.
Who Should Attend
- LOCAL SOCIETY OFFICERS
- Young physicians in the early stages of their careers
- Current local, regional and national leaders who would like to broaden their opportunities for leadership in the future
What Are the Objectives for Participants?
- To appreciate the sacred mission of the National Medical Association through a review of its mission and history
- To understand the organization of the NMA leadership structure, policies and procedures
- To develop a vision of what it takes to be an effective as a leader of your local society
- To participate with our panel on what evaluating the qualities that great leaders possess
In addition to the presented program, it will be a good opportunity to network with established NMA leaderships, as well as those who seek a higher office within our organization now and in the future.
We realize you have much to do at this convention. If, however you feel you can make a unique contribution as a leader within the NMA, don’t miss this forum. Seating is limited and will be on a first come, first serve basis. Registration required.
For more information please email Michael A. LeNoir MD at firstname.lastname@example.org