What is a Virtual Conference and what should I expect from the Virtual Conference?
A virtual conference is an interactive online event that has the same goals of a physical conference to deliver quality educational content and networking opportunities. NMA has always sought new and innovative ways of communicating with its members and began holding monthly virtual town hall meetings over 20 years ago. The NMA’s 2021 Virtual Convention and Scientific Assembly is no exception and will provide excellent live and pre-recorded CME educational content, Presentation Theaters, networking, and some other surprise events.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing examples and visuals to help paint a picture of a virtual event, however, you can look forward to:
- The Opening and Awards Ceremony will spotlight our Awardees and Scholarship Winners. The Keynote Speaker is Reed Tuckson, MD, FACP
- Saturday: Edward C. Mazique Symposium
- Sunday: Edith Irby Jones Plenary
- Virtual concurrent educational sessions across multi specialties and topics
- W. Montague Cobb Lectureship
- Council on Concerns of Women Physicians Annual Awards Program
- Presentation Theaters
- House of Delegates Meeting
- Sunday Morning: ANMA/NMA Prayer Breakfast
- President Installation Ceremony
- We will conclude the celebration of NMA’s 125th Anniversary
When will the convention take place: Dates & Times
Virtual Conference Dates:
Friday, July 16: 6:00 pm–9:30 pm
Saturday, July 17: 9:00 am–9:00 pm
Sunday, July 18: 9:00 am–9:00 pm
Monday, July 19: 9:00 am–9:30 pm
Tuesday, July 20: 9:00 am–9:00 pm
Time Zone: All session times listed in the program are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Do I need to register for the virtual convention?
Registration Opening and Fees
- Registration is OPEN.
- Access Fee:
- Members: $75.00
- Non-Members: $695
- Students, Residents and Emeritus: Free
- ANMA $75 and Non-Physicians: $75.00
- CME Credits and Certificate Fee: $125 (This amount is in addition to your Access Fee.)
- NO REFUNDS
Will there be concurrent sessions during the virtual meeting?
Yes. We have 26 Scientific Sections and as a result most sessions will run concurrently.
Will sessions be available on demand
Individual sessions will be available for viewing at your convenience through December 31, 2021.
Will I still earn CME credits for the virtual meeting?
Yes, CME will still be available just as it would at our in-person convention. Please note there is an additional fee for obtaining your CME credits commensurate with your actual participation in the virtual education content. Please see registration information for additional details and rates.
Will there be a full digital program?
When the full schedule has been completed it will be available on our convention website to registered attendees. We are still making adjustments to the schedule in an attempt to provide you with an excellent and interactive virtual experience.
Can I engage with other attendees during the conference?
Yes, there will be opportunities available. Additional details are forthcoming.
Will the sessions be pre-recorded or live and available for viewing post-convention?
We are planning a mix of live and pre-recorded content as well as the ability to interact with speakers for Q&A, even with pre-recorded content. Sessions will remain available on-demand until December 31, 2021 allowing you the flexibility to access them at your convenience.
House of Delegates (HOD): How will we conduct the House business?
The House will meet on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday.
The Schedule is as follows:
Saturday, July 17: 6:00 9:00 pm
Sunday, July 18: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Tuesday, July 20: Nominating Committee: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Tuesday, July 20: House: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
All session times listed in the program are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Will I need special computer equipment, software or training to participate in the virtual conference?
You will need a computer, internet connection (suggested minimum speeds of 40 Mbps [Megabytes per second] if there is only one device), and email. No additional technologies or equipment are needed to participate in NMA 2021 Virtual. Additional information is available at convention.nmanet.org
Exhibitors and Sponsors. What does this new format mean for you?
Ms. Kathleen Lawrence from A. Fassano & Company will send out a communication under separate cover.
If I have additional questions…?
- Media, please contact Michael Peery: email@example.com
- Social Media:
- Questions from exhibitors
or sponsors, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-302-0893.
- House of Delegates:
- Registration: email@example.com or call 866-210-5133
- Educational sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other questions, please contact email@example.com. Please include in your email, a name, contact number, email address, and your concern/problem.