We are delighted to once again host NMA member authors. This year authors will be hosted in an Exhibit Booth 543 separate from NMA Central. The Exhibit Hall hours are: Sunday, August 2 (Opening Reception) between 4:30pm – 6:30 pm, and Monday, August 3 and Tuesday, August 4 between 11:00 am – 3:00pm.
What to Expect
- We anticipate having space this year for approximately 5–7 authors.
- You will be allotted a 4 foot table with 2 chairs. The booth will have pipe and drape.
- Authors may display books, and small poster on their table as desired, taking care not to disrupt adjacent authors, especially with pop-up step and repeats.
- Authors who are participating in the Author’s Square must be a NMA member and registered for the conference.
- You are welcome to occupy the Author’s Square at any or all of the three designated days the exhibit hall will be open.
- Authors who commit to occupy the “Author’s Square” but fail to show or cancel will not be invited back in subsequent years.
- NMA Central has a storage room, which is locked after hours. You are welcome to storage limited number of books in this facility. Please note; NMA takes no responsibility for any books left in the room.
- Authors are responsible for packing and shipping any remaining books by 3:00 pm on Tuesday, August 4. The convention center staff may dispose of all books remaining after 3:30 pm.
- We recommend that authors bring no more than 20-25 copies of each book(s). This is a suggestion since depending on the size of your book, it may increase the weight of the purchaser’s luggage.
- Authors may bring books with them or ship through our Convention Services Contractor. Contact us for details.
- Authors may sell their books only at the designated Authors Square or you may choose to purchase a booth in the Auxiliary to the National Medical Association’s Marketplace. For information about the Marketplace, contact ANMA at 301/495-3779.
- Authors may bring their books to the Exhibit Hall/NMA Central on Saturday, August 1 between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. If a NMA staff member is not present at NMA Central on Saturday, ask a representative from Shepard Exposition Services to place your package in our storage room. You can pick up your books on Sunday between 2:00–4:00 pm. Alternatively, bring them the day you plan to occupy the Author’s Square.
For Additional Information
Contact Yolanda Fleming at email@example.com or 202/347-1895, ext. 308.